Monday, January 9, 2017

I Started a New Quilt

This one will be small. Just four 18 inch blocks. A baby quilt for a colleague. I hope it's not too serious for a baby quilt.

So far I have made three blocks -




As you can see, some sections of the rings line up better than others!

The pattern is called Ring Around and is in Kathy Doughty's Mixing Quilt Elements: A Modern Look at Colour, Style and Design. It is made using a wedge ruler and the sections of the rings are appliqued onto the backgrounds.

I was stumped for something original. Instagram is full of 'pretty' in style and colour quilts full of squares and triangles, or EPP. I guess one of the downsides of social media is the jumping on the bandwagon and FOMO which means people follow the trends to be one of the cool kids.

So far all of the fabric has come off the shelf, but I am out of 'dirty' blues for the backgrounds, so will add that to my shopping list when I go looking for a good quality and nice feeling blue solid. Maybe I will do that tomorrow. The joy of being on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment